Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Sahin Albayrak
Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Sahin Albayrak is a professor of computer science at Technische Universität Berlin, where he holds the chair Agent Technologies in Business Applications and Telecommunication (AOT). He is the founder and head of the Distributed Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (DAI-Labor) at TU Berlin, currently employing over 120 researchers. He is also the founder of Deutsche Telekom Innovation Laboratories, and the founding director of the Connected Living Association and the German-Turkish Advanced Research Centre for ICT (GT-ARC). He serves as an advisor to several authorities and companies in both Germany and Turkey. His research interests include distributed systems, machine learning, cybersecurity, multi-agent systems, and autonomous systems, with their particular applications in autonomous driving, smart cities, smart energy systems, new generation telecommunication systems, conversational assistants, and preventive health services.
Prof. Defu Lian
Prof. Defu Lian is a research professor at School of Computer Science and Technology and School of Data Science, University of Science and Technology of China. Prior to that, he was an Associate Professor at University of Electronic Science and Technology of China. He visited University of Technology Sydney from March 2017 to April 2018, working with Prof. Longbing Cao. During his PhD period, he has been a visit student at Microsoft Research Asia for four years, supervised by Dr. Xing Xie. He received his Ph.D. at the MOE-Microsoft Key laboratory, University of Science and Technology of China in June 2014, co-supervised by Dr. Xing Xie and Prof. Enhong Chen, and received his B.E. at School of Computer Science and Technology, University of Science and Technology of China in June 2009. His research interest is data mining and machine learning in the areas of recommender systems, spatio-temporal and education.
Dr. Fikret Sivrikaya
Dr. Fikret Sivrikaya is the research director at GT-ARC gGmbH, a nonprofit research organization affiliated with TU Berlin. Before joining GT-ARC he served as the director of Competence Center Network and Mobility at the Distributed Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (DAI-Labor) at TU Berlin, Germany between 2008 and 2015. He received the Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, NY, USA in 2007 and the Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering from Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey in 2000. As part of his current position at GT-ARC, he is managing large scale research projects on the Internet of Things and Data Analytics, funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research and by the European Commision. His research interests include future mobile networks, wireless communications, distributed algorithms, and applied machine learning.
- Sun Aixin, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Koen van der Blom, Leiden University, Netherlands
- Christian Geißler, GT-ARC gGmbH, Berlin, Germany
- Frank Hopfgartner, University of Sheffield, UK
- Benjamin Kille, DAI-Labor, TU Berlin, Germany
- Lars Kotthoff, University of Wyoming, USA
- Andreas Lommatzsch, TU Berlin, Germany
- Chuan Luo, Microsoft Research, Beijing, China
- Özlem Özgöbek, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
- Marc Schoenauer, Paris-Sud University / INRIA, France
- Michèle Sebag, Paris-Sud University / IRI, France
- Weijia Shao, GT-ARC gGmbH, Berlin, Germany
- Shoujin Wang, Macquarie University, Australia
- Tong Xu, University of Science and Technology of China, China
- Jing Yuan, TU Berlin, Germany